Please select your location

Missouri Auto Accident Report Locations

Please select the region based on the county where your accident occurred from the list or image below.

Start here

Select Your County

Use the dropdown or map to select your county.

If your county isn’t available, please select your nearest live county.

Missouri Counties

Alternatively, click the link of the county your accident occurred in below:

How To Get a Missouri Motor Vehicle Accident Report?

If you’ve been in an accident in the state of Missouri, you need to obtain a Missouri motor vehicle accident report. Also known as a Missouri traffic accident report, the accident report will often be generated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol and posted online. But if you try to search for it on their website, you’ll need to know things such as the county where the accident occurred, in addition to troop information, the crash location, the date of the accident and what type of injuries were reported, if any.

But unless you’ve already requested a Missouri motor vehicle accident report or you communicated with an officer on the scene, your search may not yield much of anything if a report hasn’t been filed. Requesting a report means gathering information about the crash, as well as your relation to the crash. You’ll also have to indicate the number of copies of the report you’re requesting, in addition to the right troop headquarters to send your request.

That said, if a crash is investigated or processed by another agency outside the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the accident report may be held with another agency, and that means even more of a headache in tracking down that important crash report.

What To Do If You’ve Been in an Accident?

If you’ve been involved in a recent accident, it’s important to stay at the scene of the accident until the authorities arrive. Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime in Missouri, and it also means that you won’t be able to obtain a motor vehicle accident report. If your vehicle is in the way, move your vehicle out of the way and stay until an officer tells you that you can leave.

Any accident that is not monitored by police must still be reported to the Driver License Bureau if it occurred within the last year, if an uninsured motorist was involved or if there was property damage, an injury or death.

How To Get an Accident Report?

While obtaining a Missouri motor vehicle accident report sounds simple enough, it’s actually a complicated mish-mash of different departments and responsibilities. You might be able to get one from the Missouri State Highway Patrol or the Missouri Department of Revenue, as well as any licensing office, a Driver License Bureau or your insurance company.¬†

Unfortunately, chasing down a motor vehicle accident report in the state of Missouri can be a pain, and that’s why we created our easy-to-use website with a comprehensive search capability that makes short work of the task. Simply select your county in the dropdown or map, give us the details of the accident and we’ll locate the report for you.